Preparing for your English-language Screening
- 1. When should I request an ELP screening?
- All English-language proficiency screenings must be scheduled prior to our Berkeley Global application deadlines.
- 2. How do I schedule a ELP screening?
- In your online application, you will need to select "I would like to request an English Interview." From there, you will follow the on-screen instructions to book your appointment. Students that have scheduled a screening without submitting their application will have their booking cancelled.
- 3. What does the ELP screening consist of?
- The screening will be 2 parts: a writing portion which takes approximately 30 minutes and a speaking portion which takes about 15 minutes.
- 4. What do I need to bring with me?
- You will need to bring 2–3 sheets of paper on which to write, as well as a pen or pencil.
- 5. What are the technical requirements?
- You will need a computer, or tablet, with a functioning microphone and camera. The platform for the screening will be either Zoom or Adobe Connect, which may be unavailable where you live. If this is the case, you may need to use alternative means to join, such as a virtual private network (VPN).
- 6. What is the cancellation policy?
- You may cancel and reschedule your screening up until your intended program's application deadline. No exceptions will be made for late applicants.
- 7. What if I miss my appointment or need to reschedule?
- You may reschedule using the same link provided to book your initial appointment in the online application. Additionally, after scheduling your first appointment, you should have received a confirmation email with a link to reschedule or cancel. If you are unable to access either link to reschedule your screening, please email us at email@example.com.
- 8. What if I do not pass the ELP screening? Can I still come to UC Berkeley?
- If you do not pass the English-language proficiency screening, it does not mean that you cannot still apply and be considered for admission to Berkeley Global. However, you will need to meet the English-language requirement by submitting a test score or qualifying for a waiver.
- 9. Can I take the ELP screening multiple times?
- Unfortunately, no. We do not allow students multiple attempts to pass the proficiency screening.
If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details subject to change.
Please sign in to leave a comment.