Congratulations! You now have time to accept your admissions offer and confirm your seat in the program. Typically, we give students approximately four (4) weeks from the date of the decision announcement to accept their offer. You can accept your admission by clicking the link in your email.
Please note that the deadline to accept your offer is different from the payment deadline. If you fail to accept your offer by the deadline, please email us at email@example.com and we may be able to re-activate your offer if seats remain.
When are my program fees due?
Payment will be due by December 15 for Spring 2024 semester. This deadline applies to our Berkeley Global visiting student programs.
Once you have accepted your offer, your fees will be assessed in CalCentral in your "My Finances" tab and must be paid in full by the stated deadline.
These fees include:
- Program Fee (non-refundable after the payment deadline)
- Registration Fee: $250 (nonrefundable after the start of the term)
- [For international students only] $125 International Service fee (nonrefundable after the start of the term or after a visa document has been issued, whichever is sooner)
- $900 Health insurance fee is required of all full-time students on an Extension-sponsored student visa (assessed at time of admission & nonrefundable after the start of the term). View health insurance information.
Failure to pay in full by the deadline will result in the automatic cancellation of your admission.
Cancellation/Withdrawal: Any cancellation or withdrawal from the program must be made in writing by the student. To cancel with a refund, students must notify firstname.lastname@example.org in writing before the payment deadline. After this date, the program fee will become non-refundable. Some other fees may be refundable until the start of the term, please see Concurrent Enrollment fees for details.
- Exception: If you are denied the Student Visa to come to the U.S. to participate in the program, a refund of the program fee will be granted. Official proof of denial will be required.
How do I prepare for my arrival?
After accepting your offer of admission you will receive an email with your Berkeley Student ID number and instructions to create your CalNet ID, which you will use to access CalCentral, the Berkeley online student portal. If you do not receive the email to create your CalNet ID within 5 days, please contact us at email@example.com. Please create your account as soon as possible.
After creating your CalNet ID, complete the following steps to finalize your admission:
Complete your CalCentral Tasks. Use your CalNet ID to log in to CalCentral and complete your required tasks. Follow the instructions on your "My Dashboard" tab under Tasks to clear your tasks:
- Immunization & COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements (note: it takes 24 hours to access our University Health Services eTang portal & requires at least 3-4 days to be cleared.)
- Student Financial Agreement Task. If not completed, enrollment will be blocked.
- Pay your fees in full by the deadline. Note: International payment/wire transfers will take several business days so please plan accordingly to accommodate payment processing times and the full program amount.
- Apply for your Visa documents by the payment deadline. A few days after you create your CalNet, you will receive an invitation to your ISS Portal to apply for your visa documents. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible! We will ask you provide your passport, your admission letter, and proof of funding for your tuition and living expenses. For more information, see Visa Information.
- Prepare for Arrival. There's lots to do before you arrive! Please refer to our Preparing for Arrival resources. You will also be invited to your Berkeley Welcome Course that will cover topics like housing, health insurance, and more.
Please plan to arrive 1 to 2 weeks prior to the start of the program.